7 steps you must take in the next 30 days to secure a strong and successful 2018
7 steps you must take in the next 30 days to secure a strong and successful 2018In 2017, according to Statistic Brain, 9.2% of Americans felt they were successful in achieving their resolutions while the other 90.8% failed to complete part or any of their goals. For years, I have created a list of goals and every year I try perfecting my approach to ensure maximum results. Below are the steps that will definitely make you get in and add up to this percentage and make the best of your 2018.
ONE: Create a list of goals that you wish to accomplish in 2018
Get a piece of paper and start drafting. This is really important since you need to come up with all of those goals that you have been postponing and some new ones. You can brainstorm as many as you can. Don’t worry about the number or how you will accomplish them. Just write down all that comes up that you wish to accomplish in the New Year.
In order for you to come up with resolutions, you have to keep in mind that they must be aligned with your core values and hold deep personal meaning that you connect with on a deep emotional level.
TWO: Write about why it will be important to achieve these goals (one by one)
From all of the resolutions that you have, start organizing them based on a rating from 1 to 10 in order of importance. Be concise and select from this list a number of goals that you wish to accomplish. This is about priorities since you will have to weight the importance, urgency, benefits, and implications.
THREE: Determine a realistic timeframe for each of these goals
You can only successfully break a goal down into increments if you set deadlines for each increment and major milestones. You can divide your action plan into 3 categories: Planning, development, and achievement.
FOUR: Create the strategy/plan to follow as detailed as possible
More than purposes, you have to come up with actions. For example, if you wish to improve the internal communication in your company, you need to specify goals, actions, deadlines, techniques, and measurement.
My best advice is to read cases about your objectives, ask for opinions, watch videos or have a session with an Executive Coach to help you create a plan. Willingness is the key. Remember that in order to accomplish big goals you need to make big changes.
FIVE: Establish a way to measure your progress
Part of this process is to fail, it can be at any time of the process. An American football coach Vince Lombardi said, “It isn’t whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get back up.” The best way for you to get back on track after a breakdown is to try different actions. For example, if you consider that reducing expenses is not helping to increase your revenue, you must move on with another plan like working with productivity instead. But do not expect to overcome a failure if you continue with the same strategy.
SIX: Find an accountability buddy
Look for somebody who you find reliable or that has accomplished any of the goals that you have. This person will give you reminders and provide you his opinion from another perspective which will give you a complete overview of your progress.
Throw a party, take a trip or take a break and relax! It is not just about what you accomplished, but how you feel about it. Ask yourself: How do I feel? Was the effort worth the pain? Is that what I really wanted? Did I develop new skills? These questions will help you learn more about yourself and how you respond to challenges, failure, and success.
If your resolutions are related to business and professional leadership, we can be part of your success.
Contact us at 305-680-5772 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org